Saturday, July 07, 2018

The Sunday Poet: Jessica Harman


 
Jessica Harman







 Jessica Harman earned her B.A. in Creative Writing from Concordia University in 1999. She earned her M.A. in Health Communication from Emerson College in 2003. Her collection of stories, "Wild Stabs at Love, or Something Like It," was published as a free ebook by Philistine Press. "Dream Catcher," a full-length poetry collection, was published by Aldrich Press in 2013. "The Landscape Revolving around Us," a full-length poetry collection, will be published by Aldrich Press in 2019. She has numerous chapbooks of poetry available from Alternating Current. Her poems and translations (from the Latin) have appeared in "Arion," "Bellevue Literary Review," "Orbis," "Tears in Fence," and "White Whale Review." Her first chapbook, "My Journey as an Unharmonious Being," was published by Flarestack Publishing, and is now a collector's item. She lives in Maryland.







A Cold Morning

I’ve faded, now. I’ve become round, heavy, sad, even.
Here I am, a photograph in your wallet,
Still looking like a cheerleader. Years ago,
I posed with a violin, letting silence fill the light,

And my expression for your camera
Gave the illusion of a sonata played wonderfully.
Now, I’m miles and stories away from then.

I’ve dreamed, and nearly died awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment