Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Endicott College Undergraduate Filmmaker Foster White brings " Make the Voices Stop" to the Somerville Theatre

" Make the Voices Stop!"

 

Interview by Doug Holder

Recently, a student in my Boston Literature and Film Class at Endicott College told me he is going to have a short documentary that he produced screened as part of the Boston Student International Film Festival Showcase. The film, along with many others can be viewed at the old and storied vaudevillian Somerville Theatre in Davis Square, Somerville, Massachusetts at 1PM--April 29th. According to the budding filmmaker, undergraduate Foster White:


"The film is named, "Make the Voices Stop!" and the logline is - Identical twins Alex and Aaron have grappled with addiction together for years. However, a distance starts to form between them as Alex gets sober and Aaron's mental health begins to decline. This is my first ever documentary film and I am incredibly proud of it. It follows my twin cousins Alex and Aaron who are both addicted to opioids. I would go to their separate houses a few times a month to get new footage and just check in with the two of them. I got a lot of warning about working on such a big project with my family and especially because it's such an important topic. But I think we were able to make it out okay. I will say that I wish I took those warnings a little more seriously, but in the end it turned out to be fine and I got a lot closer with both of them."

Filmmaker Foster White


Foster White is a senior filmmaking major at Endicott College. Last year his short film, "Skinwalkers of Beverly," represented Endicott College at the IFF Boston Student Showcase. This was in the horror/comedy genre.. He is very excited about the screening of this film that deals with both opioid addiction and mental health issues. About the documentary he has produced, he told me," I think I did the best I could on it." According to White, he always loved being around the camera ever since high school. He has two YouTube channels that he uploads semi-regularly - one is a board game channel and the other are random skits, short films, etc... Foster said,. "Once I graduate I am going to on making more films and take things a lot more seriously as a filmmaker. He reflected. " I would love to return to the narrative realm and focus on horror comedies. I am currently looking for a job somewhere in the creative space whether that's writing, editing or somewhere on a production team. "




No comments:

Post a Comment