Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Sunday Poet: Kuoya Dut

Kuoya Dut


I am Kuoya Dut. A junior finance major at Endicott college. I was born in South Sudan and raised and educated in Kenya. I am passionate about writing and fashion design. My hobbies include running, hiking, soccer and playing pool. I have hosted a radio show in the past too.


SEASONAL RIVER

After it pours, after the ever-dry soil

is turned into a mould of mud the

mighty waters of the seasonal river

can be seen snaking down the dry

banks of the laga children playing

in the silt of the riverbeds pulling

their soccer posts out as they beam

in excitement, running around

the waters, frothy at the mouth stealthily

creeping in like a mugger, soon, the current

is a buzzing mass of strong waters, carrying


big branches and boulders underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment